FILE In this Sunday Nov 12 2017 file photo m

first_img FILE – In this Sunday, Nov. 12, 2017 file photo, musician Elvis Costello attends a screening of “Film Stars Don’t Die in Liverpool” during the 2017 AFI Fest at the TCL Chinese Theatre in Los Angeles. Costello has canceled the rest of his European summer tour after undergoing surgery for a “small but very aggressive” cancerous tumor. The post-punk singer-songwriter says he needs time to recover after the operation. The 63-year-old musician said in a statement Friday, July 6, 2018 that he initially thought “normal service had been resumed” but now realized he needed more rest. (Photo by Richard Shotwell/Invision/AP, File) Elvis Costello cancels tour dates after cancer surgery by The Associated Press Posted Jul 6, 2018 6:09 am PDT Last Updated Jul 6, 2018 at 6:40 am PDT AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to RedditRedditShare to 電子郵件Emailcenter_img LONDON – Elvis Costello has cancelled the rest of his European summer tour after undergoing surgery for a “small but very aggressive” cancerous tumour.The post-punk singer-songwriter says he needs time to recover after the operation.The 63-year-old musician said in a statement Friday that he initially thought “normal service had been resumed” but now realized he needed more rest. He said “therefore, I must reluctantly cancel all the remaining engagements of this tour.”He vowed to “return at the soonest opportunity.”The cancelled concerts were in Britain, Croatia, Austria, Norway and Sweden.Costello, whose hits include “Alison” and “Oliver’s Army,” urged men to go to their doctors if they had symptoms they were worried about.last_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *