WOODWARD, Iowa (AP) – Officials say six residents at a central Iowa facility for people with intellectual disabilities have tested positive for the new coronavirus, although none have shown symptoms of COVID-19.The Iowa Department of Human Services announced on April 27 that a resident at the Woodward Resource Center tested positive for the virus after seeking treatment for an unrelated medical issue, the Des Moines Register reported. By Saturday, five more residents – all tied to one home on campus – had tested positive for the virus. Three employees at the multi-building campus have also tested positive.Assistant superintendent at the center Diane Stout said in a letter to guardians and families that the department has begun contact tracing staff members. Contract tracing is the process of tracking every person that may have been in contact with an infected person.DHS spokesman Matt Highland said the state is working to get more COVID-19 testing on the campus.Highland says residents who tested positive have been moved to separate on-campus housing, and those who have pending test results are already placed in isolation before results come in as a precaution.Highland says ten residents in the home have tested negative for the virus and the home has been thoroughly cleaned.
Yéremi Pino (Gran Canaria, 2002) is one of the last footballers to stand out in the always fruitful Canarian youth academy. It is a classic end, with one against one, speed, snatch and good ball hitting in the centers. But, in addition, he meets conditions that allow him to adapt to modern football: he likes to step on the area and has a great goal. That allows him to be able to occupy three demarcations: extreme by any of the two bands and even false nine. On the right, being right-handed, he acts as a classic winger, looking for a baseline, while on the left he likes to throw diagonals to exploit his good punch. Pino enjoys mobility, being able to switch positions several times during a match.Born in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Pino began to take his first steps as a footballer in the Barrio Atlántico. He then moved on to Hurricane before drawing the attention of Las Palmas. In 2016, being Cadet’s first year, a key moment in his career occurred: Andrés Clavijo called him to play with the Canarian team the Spanish Championship played at the La Salud stadium in Tenerife. In that tournament, full of scouts, Yéremi stood out. Villarreal and Barcelona contacted his family and agents to convey their interest in incorporating him into their quarries, since he was free. Finally, Pino opted for the people of Castellón. The economic offer was important on the part of both clubs, but in the sporting field Villarreal offered him a project to reach the first team in a few years. They shielded him with a four-year contract and a three million euro clause.Pino is also a fixture in the lower categories of the Spanish team, where he had to live what has been the worst moment of his career so far. He was summoned to play the U-17 World Cup that took place in Brazil at the end of 2019. He was one of the important pieces of La Rojita, but only one day before the start of the championship he had to return to Spain. An accidental shot in training caused an eye trauma that prevented him from playing in the tournament. It is a thorn that Yéremi still has stuck and that he hopes to be able to remove in the future …
Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
Fort St. John youth will now have a safe place to hang out, now that the City is planning a drop-in pilot project.Volunteers will be organizing nightly events at the Kids Arena, varying from sporting competitions to video game nights.Recreation Programmer Stephanie Peters says it gives youth, ages 10-16, somewhere to go at night.- Advertisement -[asset|aid=1668|format=mp3player|formatter=asset_bonus|title=ea81bd824333c5c98ae42e6ce49a177a-Stephanie Peters 1_1_Pub.mp3] However, Peters says organizers are looking for any kinds of donations, ranging from basketball nets to furniture. Volunteers are also being recruited to help co-ordinate the drop-in. Peters says there is a great need in the community for youth-driven projects and events, especially after school. Advertisement To donate or volunteer, call Stephanie Peters at 250-787-5780 [asset|aid=1669|format=mp3player|formatter=asset_bonus|title=ea81bd824333c5c98ae42e6ce49a177a-Stephanie Peters 2_2_Pub.mp3]The ten-week pilot project begins on August 21st, and Peters says the City will advertise through local media and Schools. Though the hours could change, right now they are set for Wednesday and Thursdays, 6:30pm to 9:30pm, and Friday and Saturday, 7pm – 11pm.If the project is successful, Peters says the City will try to find a more permanent location for the drop-in.Advertisement
0Shares0000Deputy President William Ruto addresses Harambee Stars players and FKF officials during a breakfast meeting at his official residence in Karen on December 19, 2017. PHOTO/Timothy OlobuluNAIROBI, Kenya, Dec 19- “For those of you who read the newspaper, you have heard that this place is called ‘the hustler’s mansion’. You are very much welcome here, tukule breakfast kidogo halafu bas.” Those were the welcoming words of Deputy President William Ruto when he welcomes national football team Harambee Stars to his official residence in the outskirts of Nairobi town Tuesday morning. The country’s second in command has seemingly found some love with the Harambee Stars, inviting them over for breakfast at his residence just less than two days after watching them lift the CECAFA Senior Challenge Cup in a nervy penalty shoot-out on Sunday.Harambee Stars players and the Deputy President braved the early morning chill. PHOTO/Timothy OlobuluDespite the chilly morning weather, the atmosphere in the reception area was warm, and became warmer when the Deputy called up captain Musa Mohammed, fist-bumping him before handing over the Sh5mn promise in cash.“Tukiwa Machakos niliwaambia ntawapatia barua kidogo, nilimwambia Yule captain. Sindio boss? (When we were in Machakos I told you I would give you something small. Isn’t it so, Captain?). I congratulate you, I congratulate our keeper Matasi (Patrick) he did us proud,” the Deputy President said.The players were elated with the meeting and more so being appreciated in kind by the country’s top leadership.Harambee Stars captain Musa Mohammed made a request to teh Deputy President that Harambee Stars gets a bus. PHOTO/Timothy Olobulu“For a long time, players were not being appreciated and this is really something great for us. We are very happy and this is a challenge for us to keep working hard. The support is very important and now, the focus is on AFCON,” skipper Mohammed said.When he stood up to speak, Mohammed made a request that the government avails a team bus and with no hesitation, the DP promised that in two weeks it will be sourced.FKF boss Nick Mwendwa however said the bus will be sourced from Germany and it should be in the country in two months time.The high table during Deputy President William Ruto’s breakfast meeting with Harambee Stars. PHOTO/Timothy Olobulu“It will be a comfortable bus with all necessary gadgets and facilities and finally our players will now be treated with a bit more dignity,” Mwendwa said.Ruto also narrated how the government was almost giving up on football, but says the re-birth of the game which started with the CECAFA win will spur them into more support, including sourcing for sponsors.Tuko Pamoja! Deputy President William Ruto promised to accompany the team if they qualify for the 2019 African Cup of Nations in Cameroon. PHOTO/Timothy Olobulu“We were almost giving up with this football but now things are looking up. So tafadhali msitulet down. This time round we must go to Cameroon. If you qualify, I will come along,” the DP said.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
“We are going to be stretched, but I have confidence in the squad,” said Gor Mahia’s English coach Dylan Kerr.“We must need to stay injury free, remain focused and must be very careful. I know with luck and good recovery, the results will be positive.”Gor are expected to play one league match every three days, and need only five points from their seven remaining games to win the title for the 17th time.They are also heading the Confederation Cup group D table, and require only two points from the two matches to clinch a historic quarter-final place in the second-tier African tournament.Gor host Rayon Sport at the Kasarani Stadium on August 19 before winding up against USM Alger in Algeria a week later.0Shares0000(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Kenya’s Gor Mahia FC’s Humphrey Ochieng, pictured 18 July, 2018, controls the ball during a match for the (CAF) Confederation of African Football Cup, as his team looks to defend their league title © AFP/File / TONY KARUMBANAIROBI, Kenya, Aug 3 – Kenyan champions Gor Mahia are scheduled to play nine matches in the next three weeks as they look to defend their league title and reach the CAF Confederation Cup knockout phase.Unbeaten in the Kenyan top flight, Gor have to play seven league matches and two Confederation Cup ties against Rwanda’s Rayon Sport and USM Alger of Algeria.
1 Sergio Romero Sampdoria goalkeeper Sergio Romero has denied refusing a transfer to Manchester United in the summer transfer window.The 27-year-old Argentina No.1 claimed United did not contact him or his club about the possibility of a transfer during their summer overhaul at Old Trafford.“There were many lies, like the one I refused a transfer to Manchester United, which would have been a crazy thing to do,” the former Monaco stopper told Argentinean radio station Nacional.“I am happy here and I will continue to prove that I want to play and not settle for a place on the bench.”However, Romero, who has 54 caps for his country but has not played for the Serie A side this season, did not rule a move from the club in January, saying: “It remains a possibility”.
FAI JUNIOR CUPClonmany Shamrocks 2-3 Collinstown FC(Dublin)In windy conditions but on an excellent surface Clonmanys FAI adventure came to an end when they conceded the winner almost five minutes into stoppage time. There was a major moment of controversy too when referee Tom McAree have Clonmanys Steve Harkin his second yellow card for returning to the pitch after injury without permission which seemed extremely harsh.Collinstown started the game well and Clonmany struggled with their pace at times in the opening half.They opened the scoring in the second minute when full back Kenneth Flood played a ball into the channel for Anto McCormack who turned inside his man and fired low past Patrick Harkin from fifteen yards.Kenneth O Connor then broke for the visitos on the left and sw his effort well saved by Harkin before in another break O Connor was dragged down by Mark McLaughlin who collected the first yellow card of the game. Clonmany’s first attack came on 18 minutes after Paul McLaughlin’s cross was cleared to Michael Grant but his effort was deflected wide off a defender.At the other end McCormack fired a twenty five yards free narrowly wide before Mark McLaughlin played a one two with Harkin but his cross was also deflected behind for a corner.The visitors made it two nil on 28 minutes when Ameola Samesi raced onto a long ball and pulled it back from the byeline for McCormack to clinically fire to the top corner from twelve yards.Clonmany had a good spell then with Joe Grant releasing Marty Doherty on the left but keeper David Goodall advanced to smother before Steve harkin evaded two tackles and when his cross fell to Jason Devlin he blazed over the top from ten yards in their best chance.Harkin collected his first yellow for a handball on 53 minutes before the home side reduced the deficit minutes later.Paul Mclaughlin’s well flighted corner found Harkin who powered a header to the bottom corner from ten yards.Collinstown replied with Eoin Leddy releasing substitute Gareth Boyle who outstripped the home defence but fired weakly at Harkin before the keeper saved well to deny David Matthews.At the other end substitute Brendan Devlin controlled a long but was crowded out and the chance was lost. McCormack almost got his hat trick on 80 minutes when his well struck free crashed back off the post before Clonmany levelled. Jason Devlin fed Brendan Devlin to relewase another substitute Jason Doherty to race into the area on the left and he drew the keeper before sliding the ball home.Then came Harkin’s very harsh red card and to rub salt into the wounds deep into injury time McCormack saw his free kick deflected into the path of Damien Cuffe who slotted home from five yards.INISHOWEN FOOTBALL: CLONMANY BOW OUT OF FAI JUNIOR CUP was last modified: January 20th, 2013 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:INISHOWEN FOOTBALL: CLONMANY BOW OUT OF FAI JUNIOR CUP
Minister of State for Tourism and Sport, Brendan Griffin, has announced an investment package of over €6.07m from Sport Ireland to support the national network of Local Sports Partnerships (LSPs) which includes €252,993 for Donegal Sports Partnership (DSP).DSP Coordinator Myles Sweeney welcomed today’s announcement and the support of Sport Ireland for the 2018 allocation which will support the core programmes and services of the Sports Partnership.Myles said: “The increase in the core funding for 2018 is a recognition of the positive impact of DSP in coordinating, supporting and facilitating participation sport and education and training initiatives in Co Donegal.” A total of €6,074,333 will be allocated to support the core work of the 29 LSPs; including the delivery of National Programmes, Education & Training initiatives, Strategic Development, Community Sports Development Officers, the Sports Inclusion Disability programme, Women in Sport Programmes and general participation programmes.Speaking at the announcement in Kildare today, Minister Griffin said: “The role of the Local Sports Partnerships in increasing participation, particularly among those sectors of society that are underrepresented in sport, cannot be overstated.“I want to commend the vital work they do which makes a substantial contribution to the health and welfare of individuals, communities and the nation. The significant Government investment announced today will allow the Sports Partnerships to continue to provide many sporting opportunities for people in local communities right across Ireland. ”The key aims of the LSPs are to increase levels of participation in sport especially amongst specific target groups such as older people, girls & women, people with disabilities, unemployed people, and those who live in identified disadvantaged communities. Chairman of Sport Ireland, Kieran Mulvey, said: “Sport Ireland has always placed a particular emphasis on ensuring sport is progressive and attracts participants from every corner of Ireland, from every age group and from all social backgrounds. One of the fundamental principles of the Local Sports Partnerships is to remove any barrier that prevents participation in sport and today’s investment will support the LSPs in the continued roll-out of programmes and initiatives which will get more people active on a regular basis.”Throughout 2017, 339,615 people participated in 936 participation programmes delivered locally by LSPs, with 18,000 participants taking part in the Operation Transformation 5k Fun Runs and Walks and 13,063 cyclists taking part in the Sport Ireland Cycle Series.2017 also saw 13,274 female participants taking part in 71 local Women in Sport programmes. This year €115,000 will be invested in LSPs through the Women in Sport Programme, which aims to raise the overall physical activity levels among women.Speaking at the, announcement John Treacy, Chief Executive of Sport Ireland, commented: “In 2017, Sport Ireland successfully secured €5m in Dormant Accounts Funding, with over €2.5m directly benefiting Local Sports Partnerships projects across Ireland.“Through this investment Sport Ireland will continue its work to increase participation across the country through a range of programmes and initiatives implemented by the Local Sports Partnerships. Sport Ireland warmly welcomes the support and contributions given to the Local Sports Partnership Network by statutory, community and voluntary groups right across the country.” Grant of €253,000 awarded to Donegal Sports Partnership was last modified: March 30th, 2018 by Elaine McCalligShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:brendan griffindonegal sport partnershipgrantMyles Sweeney